Odds 'n ends over the week about books and reading that caught my eye. You've probably seen some/most/all of them, but just in case:
- You may remember my post about Elphie and Dad go on an Epic Adventure -- it was just featured on the Youtube channel Storytime Pup. Very cute.
- HC Starts Bookstore Development Program -- There may be a catch to this, but at least at first glance, this sounds pretty nice.
- School Principal Says Reading 'Harry Potter' and 'Game of Thrones' Causes Brain Damage -- um, what?
- Dear J.K. Rowling: Stop Apologizing! -- I wanted to write something like this when I saw Rowling apologizing for killing characters. The choices she made about character deaths were part of what made the series what it is. But Vanessa Willoughby says it better than I would've.
- Ace Atkins talks about SLOW BURN, THE INNOCENTS -- because you can never have enough Atkins...
- The Vagrant by Peter Newman -- I heard Newman recently on The Cornell Collective, and look forward to getting to read this release
Lastly, I'd like to say hi and welcome to extraordinarydog for following the blog this week.