Odds 'n ends over the week about books and reading that caught my eye. You've probably seen some/most/all of them, but just in case:
- Amazon Unintentionally Paying Scammers To Hand You 1000 Pages Of Crap You Don’t Read -- huh
- Don DeLillo's New Novel Isn't Even Out Yet, But the TV Show Is Already in the Works -- DeLillo doesn't seem like the kind of writer that would translate to TV, but -- sure, I'll give it a shot.
- The Perils of Choose Your Own Adventure Books -- interesting, not sure that it's convincing, but it's interesting.
- Lyndsay Faye on Jane Eyre, Murder, and more -- The author of Jane Steele on a pretty interesting episode of Beaks and Geeks. Man, I've got to find time for this book.
- Interview with Jo Perry -- By the Letter Book Reviews has a nice little interview with Jo Perry, the author of Dead is Better and Dead is Best (which has been sitting unread on my Kindle for far, far, too long).
- Arf by Spencer Quinn -- The sequel to last year's Woof by the author of the Chet and Bernie Mysteries. Woof was loads of fun, I bet this will be, too.
- The Worst Night Ever by Dave Barry -- the sequel to last year's The Worst Class Trip Ever should be a hoot if it's 2/3 as good as the first.