Yeah, it's a couple of days late -- I was out of town sans laptop and didn't trust booklikes scheduling, so...here ya go:
Odds 'n ends from last week about books and reading that caught my eye. You've probably seen some/most/all of them, but just in case:
- Rediscovering the magic of reading books -- this may not reflect your life, but if you're here, odds are you can relate.
- Book-of-the-Month Club Reboots -- huh. Who knew? Some of my fave reads came from forgetting to send in my "Do Not Send" postcard 20 years ago (and some that weren't so great).
- Don’t feel guilty about buying used books -- I appreciate the sentiment, but I'm not sure if I can help but feel guilty.
- How Do You Like Your Science Fiction? Ten Authors Weigh In On ‘Hard’ vs. ‘Soft’ SF -- Title says it all.
- Speaking of SF, Charlie Jane Anders tells us What It Means To Be a Science Fiction Writer in the Early 21st Century.
- 5 Questions in 5 Minutes with Kevin Hearne! -- in honor of the release of Staked
- Even better -- Hearne tweeted some great news and a better pic!
- RISE THE DARK, Coming August 16, 2016 -- Michael Koryta announces the release of the second Markus Novak novel.
- A Crash Course in Bookish Acronyms -- A handy resource from BookRiot
- 10 Weird Literary Phobias and Manias for Book-Lovers -- I'm sure one or two words here apply to my readers (and hope there are some that don't!)
- 14 Secret Habits Every Book-Lover Is Guilty Of Having -- another fun Bustle list
- There's a Bumper Crop of Last Week's New Releases I'm Excited About and/or You'll Probably See Here Soon:
- Staked by Kevin Hearne -- by the time this posts, I should be finished with this. So, so, so good!
- Broken Hero by Jonathan Wood -- I'm so excited to see this series return -- the first two books were great, can't wait to get back to this world.
- The Murder Quadrille by Fidelis Morgan -- A very strange looking crime novel, I'm seeing the words Hitchcock and slapstick a lot. Because why not?
Lastly, I'd like to say hi and welcome to Edmond Sanganyado and natalieslovelyblog for following the blog this week. I forgot to welcome As the page turns.. to our little group last week - so a belated thanks and welcome there.