Indexing: Reflections (Indexing Series) - Seanan McGuire

Okay, I've already published entries on the individual chapters/episodes. So over on my main blog, I've collected them all in one handy-dandy (and long) post, but I have a couple of thoughts on the book as a whole.

I'm not sure this one worked as well as Indexing in the episodic format, some of the slower chapters -- the ones with a lot of discussion about the nature of/intent of the Narrative, etc. seemed slower than they might have in the middle of reading the whole thing at once (binge reading?).  Still, it was a stronger serialized story than Indexing, which spent a lot of time being episodic to get things rolling.

I liked the new characters, fleshing out the world of the Bureau and so on. On the whole, a more successful book than the last one -- even if it wasn't as  good on a chapter-to-chapter basis.

There seems to be something appropriate to this world to be talking in Gestalt terms, so I'll just leave it at that.
Source: http://irresponsiblereader.com/2016/01/14/indexing-reflections-by-seanan-mcguire