Odds 'n ends over the week about books and reading that caught my eye. You've probably seen some/most/all of them, but just in case:

This Week's New Releases I'm Excited About and/or You'll Probably See Here Soon:
  • Luke Skywalker Can’t Read by Ryan Britt -- A combination of geekery, humor and cultural commentary. I'm seriously stoked about this one, having heard Britt on a couple of episodes of The Once & Future Podcast -- notably this one about the book.
  • Thing Explainer: Complicated Stuff in Simple Words by Randall Munroe -- the brain behind xkcd has a new book, where using only the most common "ten-hundred" English words and line drawings, he explains complicated things like: food-heating radio boxes (microwaves); tall roads (bridges); the shared space house (the International Space Station), the pieces everything is made of (the periodic table), boxes that make clothes smell better (washers and dryers).
  • Santa 365 by Spencer Quinn -- a Chet & Bernie short, seemingly holiday related. If nothing else, should ally fears some fans had at the end of Scents and Sensibility

Lastly, I'd like to say hi and welcome to Ana Spoke and affyyia for following the blog this week.

Source: http://irresponsiblereader.com/2015/11/28/saturday-miscellany-112815