So, I've done a little more site maintenance/upgrades this week to the main blog -- I've posted a blogroll. If yours is there, I hope it generates a view or three for you. If yours isn't, and you want it there -- just let me know (and I apologize in advance). Also, I've started writing little "Author 101" type entries for the authors I seem to spend a lot of time/attention on (linked in the menu above). So far, I've completed the V-Z section. All two authors.

As part of this work, I've been looking over old posts, seeing what I've written about Author X and so on. I keep noticing things that blow my mind -- for example, I find it hard to believe that I've only blogged about 3 books by Rick Riordan, when I've read 20! There are several other authors like that -- but then I have to remember that I've only been doing this for a couple of years, and I've been reading him for 7 years or so.

Enough blather from me, let's get on to the odds 'n ends over the week about books and reading that caught my eye. You've probably seen some/most/all of them, but just in case:

• Kitty Saves the World by Carrie Vaughn -- Time to say good-bye to Kitty. (Sniff). But what a way to end a series -- if you missed it, I reviewed it here.
  • Veiled by Benedict Jacka -- looks like things are getting serious in Alex Verus' world (not that I thought life was unicorns and rainbows for him before)
  • Combat-Ready Kitchen: How the U.S. Military Shapes the Way You Eat by Anastacia Marx de Salcedo -- This book looks great, but man...I tell you, I'm not sure I want to learn what she has to say.
  • School for Sidekicks by Kelly McCullough -- something lighter from McCullough should be fun, and I like the premise. It's YA, so I'll have to get it for one of my kids as a cover :)
  • Con Academy by Joe Schreiber -- a couple of years ago, I read one of Schreiber's books in one sitting -- was fast, action-packed and fun. This looks like it'll have a lot of the same things working for it. Should be a quick, entertaining read.
  • Whirligig by Magnus Macintyre -- amusing-looking mystery set in the Scotland.
  • A Better Way to Die: The Collected Short Stories by Paul Cornell -- It's Cornell, these have to be worth a glance.

Lastly, I'd like to say hi and welcome to enthrallingdimple for following the blog this week. Thanks to sp for the interaction - not long to wait, sp! And a big thanks to Andy Abramowitz for the kind words and signal boost.

Source: http://irresponsiblereader.com/2015/08/08/saturday-miscellany-8815