This has been a fairly quiet week here, I know... it's the kid's first week out of school, and we're all adjusting to new schedules at Irresponsible HQ -- time for reading and writing were down considerably. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks, I'll get in a new stride.

Still, there's a little to share this week, I found a few odds 'n ends about books and reading that caught my eye. You've probably seen some/most/all of them, but just in case:

• Some Good Reads for Summer -- Rick Riordan put out another one of his recommended reads lists -- this one for children's books for this summer.

• Speaking of interviews, Gerald So (who knows a thing or two about Spenser) posted An Interview with Ace Atkins for Crime Spree Magazine. Good stuff.

• Long Black Curl by Alex Bledsoe -- very excited to get to this one, the third Tufa novel. There's something special to these books that I can't quite put my finger on, but I honestly don't care if I identify what makes them work the way they do as long as I get to see it.

• I Am Princess X by Cherie Priest -- not that it's easy to pigeon-hole Priest's work, but if you could -- I don't think this would fit in it, which really makes me look forward to it. Looks like a lot of fun, too, which doesn't hurt. Here's a note Priest wrote about the book.

Lastly, I'd like to say hi and welcome to soireadthisbooktoday for following the blog this week.

Source: http://irresponsiblereader.com/2015/05/30/saturday-miscellany-53015